Monday, May 23, 2011

Have you checked out Snooth??

I have to admit that I'm slow to this social media thing, but I'm trying.  I recently joined "Snooth" which apparently lets you search multiple wines for sale (locally), talk to other wine lovers about their wines, and participate it lots of public wine forums.  (Just this week, I attempted to help someone choose their wedding wines... which, if you need help, email me!)


The cool thing about Snooth is that you can actively search wines by variety or region.  And, it actually takes the time to educate you on that region.  Soooo I did a little playing around with Pennsylvania wineries.  (Hey, I have to represent - you know that California will be well documented on Snooth, but I wanted to check out the home state - PA.)

I have to admit that I was fairly disappointed that many of the Pennsylvania wines I searched were not yet rated.  And yet, there are some darn good PA wines out there.  I found some awesome PA wines that were registered on Snooth including:

Allegro Vineyards Pinot Grigio (2006)
Allegro Pinot Grigio

Manatawny Creek Merlot

Chaddsford Due Rossi 
(which has a 3.5 out of 5 rating on Snooth)

Clover Hill Vineyards & Winery Chambourcin (2005)
Clover Hill Chambourcin
(which had a 3 out of 5 rating on Snooth)

Of course, these are just a few of the wineries I'm familiar with (due to the fact I grew up in that area of PA).  But still, it's a good search start.

There's also places to find wine events in any region you may be searching.  I found out that there was a wine festival at Monticello last weekend.  Monticello is near and dear to my heart, and I have to admit, I'm sad I missed this.  I kind of wish I would've jumped in my car and drove the 6 hours to the middle of VA for this:

(Photo from Snooth)

My point is this - if you want to taste wines, and you want some input, advice, education, conversation... whatever... on wine, check out Snooth.  And if you're a winery trying to sell your wines, 1) sign up for Snooth and 2) get your consumers to go on here and try it out.  It's all a part of our social circle, and something worth checking out.  Oh!  And if you want to follow me and my wines, my username is dxg241.  =)  Happy searching!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Denise. I'll check it out. We had some pretty good PA wine last night from a winery I didn't know about. Hope our Berks Co. Summer Sippers events gets published.

    ReplyDelete