Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Wine and Food in Sausalito, California

As the tour of northern California continues, I'd like to look at Sausalito, California!  Back in the day, Sausalito was a WWII seaport, but since has given way to an artistic haven.  I really enjoyed the Sausalito culture.  On a bright sunny day, this little city was enlightening to walk through.

Boats in the Bay off the Sausalito Coast
(Photo by author)

Local Restaurants and Tourists by the Sausalito Coast
(Photo by author)

Wine Tasting Shop in Sausalito
(Photo by author)

Spring Time in Sausalito
(Photo by author)

Flower Shop in Sausalito
(Photo by author)

Sausalito Coast
(Photo by author)

For a little bit of cuisine, I'd recommend the Salsalito Taco Shop.  This place was absolutely packed as we were strolling through the town on a busy Saturday late-morning.  Although there were plenty of higher end restaurants all around us, some of which came highly recommended, we couldn't get past the enthusiasm surrounding this little restaurant.  I am SO glad we stopped.  We had some of the best Mexican cuisine that I've had in a long time!

Salsalito Taco Shop in Sausalito, CA
(Photo from Google Images)

Chips and Guacamole with Fresh Ice Tea and Red and Green Salsa
(Photo by author)

I'm not going to lie... when it comes to Mexican and Spanish cuisine, I'm partial towards Sangria.  The citrusy sweetness in Sangria pairs very well with the spice in salsas that accompany the main dish.  However, I wish I would've taken a chance and tried their Sol Splash: a mixture of sparkling wine and hibiscus or mango juice with lime.  I also highly recommend the Taco de Camaron, which is Baja-style shrimp tacos.    Also goes well with Sangria.  Yummy!

  
Sangria: A good pairing for Mexican food
(Photo from Google Images)

While in town, if you are searching for some "early" evening activities, I can recommend Wellington's Wine Bar.  I say early because this one closes at 11:00 PM!  I really enjoy wine bars.  They have a much different atmosphere than other bars.  This one was quite chill and relaxing.  I enjoyed the vast beer and wine selection, as well as its proximity to the bay's coast.  As I was there in the evening, I wasn't able to grab some good pictures, but I found a few pictures online:

Entrance to Wellington's Wine Bar: Sausalito, CA
(Photo from Google Images)

Interior of Wellington's Wine Bar: Sausalito, CA
(Photo from Google Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment