Friday, February 11, 2011

Wine Theater: Bottle Shock

Although probably every Napa Vallian's worst nightmare of a movie - Bottle Shock thoroughly entertained me.  Two years of living in Napa Valley and I finally watched the movie!  Amazingly, I actually enjoyed it.  I think it brings a picture to those who want to know what Napa was like before it became America's Wine Country.  It's fun, it's light hearted, and it talks about some key people in the wine industry.  Although I cannot promise all the stories within the movie are true, I'd recommend a night with a glass of Chardonnay and a rented (or purchased) DVD/Blue Ray of Bottle Shock.




P.S. If you want a good idea of what the rolling vine-covered hills of Sonoma and Napa looked like before all the commercialization, I think this movie does a good job with that.  And, the portrayal of Chateau Montelena in the film is the actual winery located in Calistoga.  Quite magnificent.  Enjoy!

(Photo from Google Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment