Monday, March 14, 2011

It's Mustard Season!

Look at me... newly residing in Florida and I'm already slacking on my blog posts.  My apologies, readers!

However, I had to blog about Grey Poupon mustard... only because it is made with white wine!  I know this is totally silly, but I've been slightly upset that I can no longer purchase my favorite mustard (Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Mustard) in grocery stores and am almost tempted to switch to Grey Poupon simply for the wine kick.  As it is mustard season in Wine Country right now...

The Mustard Growing in Napa Valley
(Photo by author)

...I thought a small post on mustards may be appropriate.  After all, wine and mustard appear to go together in California's Napa and Sonoma Valleys.

(Photo from Google Images)

So I can't really speak to the quality of Grey Poupon mustard versus those fabulous mustards we found all over Napa Valley (and at Sierra Nevada), but I think it is fun that they advertise that many of their flavors are made with white wine.  Apparently, I was too young to remember the commercials:

No comments:

Post a Comment