Thursday, June 30, 2011

White Sangria

Sometimes, Sangria sounds good... but then you start thinking... I'd prefer a white wine base instead of a red wine base.  (No?  You don't?  Oh!  Well I do!)

White Sangria
(Photo by author)

After enjoying a nice, sweet white sangria this past weekend, I thought I'd share an easy recipe that I discovered while dining at Disney's Beach Club Cape May Cafe!

White Sangria
1 shot of Peach Schnapps
Lots of ice
Fill with your favorite Pinot Grigio (Pinot Gris) or Chenin Blanc
Add an orange slice and some fresh raspberries, as well as a fun/crazy straw

Tell me this doesn't sound incredibly delicious while sitting outside reading your favorite summer book, watching the 4th of July fireworks, or simply enjoying a meal with your family (as we did).  :)  And, it's incredibly simple to make!  Plus, unlike red sangria, there's no wait time to enjoy it.  You can drink right after mixing.  Cheers!

"Johnny Depp" and I enjoying our red and white sangrias
(Photo by my little brother, Chris)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun! This is the time of year I use up all the real fruity wines I've received as gifts. I make big pitchers of sangria loaded with fruit for cocktails before dinner on the deck. I need some fancy straws or some paper umbrellas!

    ReplyDelete