Friday, December 23, 2011

Happy Holidays from Denise's Press Fractions Wine Blog

I'm afraid that I'm going to leave you for one week, wine blog readers!  It's the first time in over a year that I'll actually be away for the holidays... without my computer... or any other form of technology that would force me to up date my blog daily.  So please, have a HAPPY HOLIDAY SEASON and WONDERFUL NEW YEAR!  I'll return to write on January 2, 2012!!!  And with that, I leave you with a fun Champagne cocktail to ring in the New Year (originally found in Woman's World Magazine).

Cranberry-Orange Champagne Cocktail
Ingredients
Fresh cranberries
Small cocktail skewers or toothpicks
Orange zest (peel)
Decorating sugar (pink in color if you'd like)
100% No Sugar Added Cranberry Juice
Orange-Flavored Liqueur (e.g. Grand Marnier)
Grenadine

Directions
1) Skewer 3 cranberries each onto 8 different toothpicks.
2) Wrap 8 thin, orange zest strips around toothpicks and cranberries.
3) Dip rim of Champagne flutes into water and roll into decorating sugar.
4) Combine 1.5 cups cranberry juice, 2/3 cup orange liqueur, and 2 tablespoons grenadine in 
large pitcher or bowl.
5) Add 1 bottle of sparkling wine to pitcher or bowl.
6) Divide mixture among flutes.
7) Garnish flutes with toothpicks. 
8) Serve and enjoy!

Sparkling Wine (e.g. your favorite!)

No comments:

Post a Comment